Lunchtime! One of my three favorite times of the day (quittin’ time and dinnertime being the other two). …But what to eat?
- I am cold. Last night, New York City got hit with yet another winter storm. After trudging through a 10-inch mess of snow, slush, and ice to get to work this morning, I do not want to go back outside. Whatever I eat, it must be delivered.
- I am heath-conscience. No more holiday gluttony—After a month of cocktails and cookies, I am craving greens.
- I am hungry!
The Solution: Pita Grill
- Keeps me heated. The word “grill” in the name warms my belly upon suggestion, and with five (soon-to-be six) locations throughout the City, Pita Grill is easily delivered to almost anywhere.
- Keeps me healthy. No matter my menu choice, Pita Grill’s soups, salads, platters, and paninis are all prepared with fresh vegetables and grilled meats. Rice bowls (salads with rice tossed into the mix) have a brown rice option, and low-carb pitas are offered as a substitute for the white-flour standard.
- Keeps me happy. Pita’s portion sizes are satisfying without being overwhelming.
After careful consideration, I decided on the Chicken Fajita Pita—grilled chicken and vegetables, lettuce and tomato, and fat-free yogurt stuffed into a low-carb (why not?) pocket. I also ordered some hummus on the side.
My pita came packed with fresh ingredients. The yogurt and hummus were prepared on the side, allowing me to evenly distribute the sauces onto every bite.
Post-pita, the hours passed quickly, and before I knew it, it was quittin’ time.
Hmmm…what’s for dinner?